GREENWICH JUNIOR AQUATHLON 2019
We are pleased to announce our 2019 children's only aquathlon. The event will take place in the grounds of Colfe's School in Lee, south east London and is part of Triathlon England London Region's Junior Race Series. Click here for more information on the London Region Junior Series. Please note that you will need to be a member of Triathlon England on race day if you want your result to count in the Series.
Update 2nd June 2019:
Race pack, competitor information and day licences will be added to this page nearer the event date.
The race comprises a swim in the indoor 25m pool followed by a run on grass and tarmac paths around the school playing fields. There will be 5 race waves as follows:
Junior & Youth (15-19 years old): 400m swim / 4km run
Tristar 3 (13-14): 300m / 3km
Tristar 2 (11-12): 200m / 2km
Tristar 1 (9-10): 150m / 1.5km
Tristart (8): 50m / 500m
Ages as at 31 December 2019
We currently envisage that Youths/Juniors will be the first starters at around 9:00. Tristarts will be the last starters around 11:30.
Start times will be notified here in the week before the race.
The entry fee is £20, with a £1 discount for Triathlon England members. Event t-shirts can be ordered during the sign up process for £5.
As in previous years entries are being managed by Entry Central click here to enter
Please be as accurate as possible with your predicted swim time as these are used to seed the starting order. You will get an opportunity to update this once entries close in May.
If you withdraw more than 14 days prior to the event then you will get 50% of your entry fee back.
If you withdraw less than 14 days prior to the event then you will not get any refund. By this stage we will have committed to all the major items of expenditure.
We reserve the right to pay refunds after the event has taken place.
1. We are Greenwich Tritons Triathlon Club, an unincorporated association. The 2018 race promoter is Michelle Treadwell.
2. When you enter our race via Entry Central we receive certain information about you and your child, all of which is required for us to organise and run the event:
Information about your child
- Residential address
- Date of birth
- Triathlon England membership number
- Predicted swim time
Information about you
- Residential address
- Email address
- Telephone number
3. Entry Central does not share your payment details with us, only the fact that you have paid the entry fee.
4. Any information that we collect about you is stored electronically on our cloud-based database. Owing to the global nature of the internet's infrastructure the information you provide may be temporarily transferred to and stored in countries outside the European Economic Area.
5. In order to organise our event we need to share your information:
- Individuals on the race organising committee will have access to all information.
- Our timing provider will receive each athlete’s name together with their age group, club and TE number.
- Triathlon England will receive the race results (comprising each athlete’s name, age group, club, TE number and race time/position) in order to compile the London League standings.
The race results will be published on our website and www.stuweb.co.uk
6. We will not share your information with anyone other than the individuals and organisations list in paragraph 5.
7. We will communicate information about the race using the email address you provide. Unless you have ticked the 'opt out' box in the entry form we will retain your email address after this year’s event and use it to let you know about future events run by Greenwich Tritons.
8. We will retain your information for 12 months from the date of the event so that we can deal with any disputes that may arise, after which it will be deleted.